We Love Just Hanging Around
Where Dogs and People Play
Welcome to the Brevard Dog Park
Brevard Dog Park provides a safe and secure environment where dogs can play, exercise and socialize off leash. The dog park is a great opportunity for residents and visitors alike, to meet and mingle with their dogs and friends. Not only is the Brevard Dog Park a wonderful gathering place for dog lovers, it will also help create a positive interaction between dog owners and the community at large.
- 2.7 acres
- Separate areas for small and large dogs
- Water drinking station for dogs and people
- Walking trail
- Dog waste bags
- Conveniently located at City of Brevard Sports Complex at 824 Ecusta Rd. Brevard, NC.
How you Can Help
- Contribute directly to the Brevard Dog Park
- Buy a Brick
Benefits of a Dog Park
- Promote good canine physical health and socialization, reducing nuisance behaviors and making dogs better canine citizens
- Creates a more pet-friendly community
- Economic development – enhancing Brevard as a destination for nearby visitors to come with their dogs
- Build a community of people committed to parks, community involvement and the environment
- Makes the community safer by offering a secure area for dogs to play and socialize off leash and encourages compliance with local leash laws and reduce the number of dogs likely to end up in shelters
- Encourages people to exercise and stimulate social interaction with other people
- Surrounded by dog lovers
- Accommodate senior citizens and the disabled, who cannot always walk their dogs on leash
- Good resource for learning more about your fur-buddy
Brevard Dog Park Rules
Dog Park opens from Sunrise to Sunset daily.
No animals other than dogs may be brought into the fenced area.
All dogs must be leashed until safely inside the dog park and returned to a leash prior to exiting.
Dog owners must remain in the fenced area while their dogs are using the dog park. Owners must be in view of their dogs and have voice control at all times.
Spectators should remain outside the fenced area.
Aggressive dogs and female dogs in heat are not allowed. Owners must immediately leash and remove dogs from the dog park at the first sign of aggressive behavior.
Owners must dispose of waste properly in the designated on-site containers.
While small bite-sized training treats are permitted, food in bowls, long-lasting chews and toys other than balls and frisbees are not allowed.
Smoking, vaping, chewing tobacco and eating are not allowed inside the dog park.
No more than two (2) dogs per person are allowed on any single visit.
Puppies less than four (4) months old are not permitted.
Owners are liable for any injury or damage caused by their dog and are fully responsible for their dogs actions.
North Carolina State Law requires all dog bites to be reported. Call Brevard Police Department at 828-883-2212. If it is an emergency dial 911. In addition, owners are required to assist in the investigation of incidents of aggression or biting by providing appropriate identification and information to Transylvania and or/ Brevard Animal Control Officers, AND to other dog owners who are involved with the incident under investigation.
Children accompanying dog owners must be strictly supervised and at least 12 years old to be allowed inside.
Please be courteous to others and remove any sick dogs from the dog park.
Dogs must be vaccinated for rabies and DHLPP. Current identification and rabies tag must be worn on the dog’s collar at all times.
Small dogs are 25 pounds and under.
Each dog owner assumes all liability for damages by anyone who is bitten or injured by their dog or any other dog under their care while using the dog park. Dog Park participation is at your own risk.
Designating an area where dog guardians can allow their animals to run off-leash successfully remedies this problem in parks where the concept has been introduced. Violations of the leash law and subsequent public complaints have decreased; and dog guardians have a place to legally exercise their pets. Off-leash areas allow dog guardians to be law-abiding, easing the burden of enforcement on animal control officers and freeing them to do more important work, such as animal rescue and control of dangerous animals.
All donations are tax deductible. You can make your tax deductible donation to:
The City of Brevard.
Please write for Brevard Dog Park in the memo line.
Dog Park Sponsors and Supporters
• HCA Healthcare
• Transylvania Regional Hospital
• Neumann Law Firm
• Transylvania County Tourism
• Barks & Recreation
• Rodney & Katinka Remus
• Think It Studio
• Chelsea Preciado Landscape Design
• Broad Street Wines
• Connestee Falls Dog Park